Liu Jia Chang is a talented man, a famous composer. He composes song as well as writes lyrics too. He had about 2000 compositions in the 20 years (70s-80s).
He is born in China in 1943 but went to Taiwan to study at age 19. Later he went to sing western songs at night clubs. Later he got involved in the music entertainment industry and made his name there. He also got in acting and movie direction.
He has many songs that I like that he composed either the whole song or just the music. And he sings some of his songs too as well as singing duets with his students. His voice is soothing and he sings well too in ballads. He had a number of students and many of them were famous in the 70s to 80s. Jenny Tseng, Feng Fei Fei, You Ya, Fei Yu Qing and Liu Wen Zheng are just some of them.
Following are some of my favourites:
1. My Home Is There 我家在那里 (Music/Lyrics – Liu Jia Chang)
This song is an OST from the Chinese movie “Late Autumn” 晚秋.
2. Sea Gulls 海鸥 (Music – Liu Jia Chang, Lyrics – Sun Yi Bian (孫儀))
3. Wrapped inAutumn 秋缠 (Music/Lyrics – Liu Jia Chang)
This song is an OST for the Chinese movie of the same name.
4. Plum Blossoms 梅花 (Music/Lyrics – Liu Jia Chang)
An OST song for the Chinese movie of the same name.
5. Full Moon at Western Wing 月满西楼 (Music – Liu Jia Chang, Lyrics – Qiong Yao 琼瑶)
An OST of the Chinese movie with of same name.
6. Just Live a Day for You 只要为你活一天 (Music – Liu Jia Chang, Lyrics – 林煌坤)
7. Deep deep Courtyard 庭院深深 (Music – Liu Jia Chang, Lyrics – Qiong Yao 琼瑶)
This was used as an OST for both the movie and drama versions of the same titles.
An OST of a Chinese movie of the same name in 1971
An OST of an 80s Taiwanese drama series of the same name.
Many of his songs are sung by his students and other singers.